Where are the worst roads in the province?
We know know thanks, to the CAA’s annual Worst Roads list, which was released Thursday morning.
For the last several weeks, motorists, pedestrians and cyclists have been encouraged to place their votes on which road is the worst to travel on, whether it be due to potholes, signage or crumbling pavement.
The idea behind the campaign is not only to call attention to the trouble spots, but to get much-needed repair work completed, so a particular stretch of road doesn’t make the list again.
County Road 49 in Prince Edward County was named the worst road in the province.
In Toronto, Bayview Avenue took top honors. It was considered to be the second worst last year. Dufferin Street, which was number one in 2015, slipped to second spot.
Top 10 Worst Roads-2016
1. County Road 49, Prince Edward County
2. Algonquin Blvd. W., Timmins
3. Balmoral St., Thunder Bay
4. Algonquin Blvd. E., Timmins
5. Queenston St., St. Catharines
6. Burlington St. E., Hamilton
7. Lorne St., Sudbury
8. Bayview Ave., Toronto
9. Dufferin St., Toronto
10. Riverside Dr., Timmins (tied for 10th)
10. Water St., Thunder Bay (tied for 10th)
Top 5 Worst Roads – Toronto- 2016
1. Bayview Avenue
2. Dufferin Street
3. Lawrence Avenue East
4. Markham Road
5. Scarlett Road
Top 10 Worst Roads-2015
1. Algonquin Boulevard West – Timmins
2. Algonquin Boulevard East – Timmins
3. Dufferin Street – Toronto
4. Highway 144 – Greater Sudbury
5. Carling Avenue – Ottawa
6. Radical Road – Port Dover
7. Burlington Street – East Hamilton
8. Riverside Drive – Timmins
9. Dominion Road – Fort Erie
10. Bayview Avenue – Toronto
Top 5 Worst Roads – Toronto-2015
1. Dufferin Street
2. Bayview Avenue
3. Markham Road
4. Kipling Avenue
5. Lawrence Avenue East