Ontario Provincial Police have confirmed that a boy who was the subject of an Amber Alert issued Sunday night in Orillia, was never abducted.
Police had earlier said a child, between 8 and 13 years old, was seen getting into a silver newer model Toyota Sequoia around 6 p.m. Sunday at the intersection of West Street South and Bond Street in Orillia.
Police said there was some sort of “interaction” between the boy and the male suspect before the child got into the vehicle.
However, just before 11 p.m on Sunday night, about an hour after the alert was issued, it was cancelled, with police saying that the child had been located and was safe.
According to police, the boy was picked up by his parents shortly after they said he ran away from home.
They say they want to speak to anyone who witnessed or was involved in an incident at the intersection where the boy was picked up by his parents.