An Alberta teen is facing a long and expensive recovery after being injured when he says an e-cigarette blew up on him.
According to Ty Greer, he and a friend were smoking an e-cigarette when Ty said it exploded in his mouth.
“It was horrible,” said Perry Greer, Ty’s father. “No father should have to witness that.”
Perry said his son suffered first and second-degree burns as a result of the explosion. Pictures of the 16-year-old reveal charred, blackened skin and fractured teeth.
“There was a fireball about two feet and it started his gym bag on fire,” Perry explained.
According to Perry, Ty’s mother drove him to the hospital and he arrived later to comfort him. He said his son’s pain was so severe that he just held him until the morphine kicked in.
Should e-cigarettes be banned?
We’re taking your calls on AM640 at 416-870-6400, or *640 on cell.
Listen live on AM640, online at: player.640toronto.com , or download the AM640 app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.