Think you know what Ontario needs to do to balance its books?
The province wants to hear about it!
Finance Minister Charles Sousa has launched a “Budget Talk 2016” website HERE to give you a chance to submit your ideas to help keep Ontario in the black.
Pre-budget consultations have begun, and government officials are looking to the experts, which include the taxpayers, to help write the financial ship. Consultations run until the end of the month.
Some of the ideas submitted so far include:
– stop funding the Catholic school system
– allow more mining in Northern Ontario
– legislate grocery stores to donate unwanted food to charities and shelters
– congestion charge for drivers in Toronto during certain hours
– more retesting for driver’s licences
– subsidize post-secondary education
– eliminate the HST on essential utilities
– more support for single mothers
What can you add to the growing list?