It’s going to be a chilly weekend in the city, and if you’re out and about there are some closures to take note of.
The TTC says no subways will be running on Line 2 between Keele and St George stations. It’s closed for track work, with shuttle buses subbing in.
Service will resume Monday morning.
Police say Yonge Street will be closed all weekend between College Street and Alexander Street due to a sinkhole.
Meanwhille, crane work around the city will be disrupting traffic. Adelaide Street from Bay to Yonge will be reduced to one lane on Saturday between 7am to 7pm for crane hoisting.
Bay St. will also be closed from Bloor to St. Charles Sat. 10 pm to Sunday 10 am.
Richmond St. from John to Peter will be closed Saturday 12:01 am to Sunday 11:59 pm, local access only.
Also, demolition work by the city and Metrolinx will be affecting traffic on the Gardiner.
Beginning at 9 p.m. Friday, the Westbound right lane from Dufferin Street to Dowling Avenue will be reduced to two lanes. The ramp from Jameson Avenue to the westbound Gardiner will also be shut down, re-opening Monday at 5 a.m.
On the Eastbound Gardiner, Park Lawn Road to Lake Shore Boulevard will be closed. Also Lake Shore Boulevard from Cherry Street to Parliament Street will see the westbound curb lane occupied for duct proving until Monday at 5 a.m.
Also GO Transit says from the start of service on Saturday, November 21 until the end of service on Sunday, 22, there will be no service between Union and Mimico GO on the Lakeshore West GO Train line. Shuttle buses will run express between Port Credit and Union Station and special GO Trains will operate on the Milton line.
GO Trains will operate as usual between Mimico and Aldershot except:
- Eastbound 8:01, 9:01 and 10:01 a.m. trips from Aldershot will instead depart there at 8:11, 9:11 and 10:11 a.m. and times will also be later at all other stops on these trips to Mimico
- Westbound 6:58, 7:58 and 8:58 a.m. trips from Mimico will instead depart there at 7:08, 8:08 and 9:08 a.m. and times will be later at all other stops on these trips to Aldershot
- Westbound 11:58 p.m. and the 12:58 a.m. trips from Mimico will instead depart there at 12:08 and 1:08 a.m. and times will be later at all other stops on these trips to Aldershot
- Eastbound service will begin at 6:23 a.m. from Milton, making all stops to Union, arriving at 7:24 a.m., with trains every three hours. The last departure from Milton will be at 9:23 p.m. with arrival at Union at 10:24 p.m.
- Westbound service will begin at 7:50 a.m. from Union, making all stops to Milton, arriving at 8:49 a.m., with trains every three hours. The last departure from Union will be at 10:50 p.m. with arrival at Milton at 11:49 p.m.