It’s Back to the Future Day across the planet! Oct 21st, 2015 is the futuristic day that Doc Brown dragged Marty McFly to because “something’s gotta be done about his kids”!
Australia’s Queensland Police have already paid homage to the day by deploying their “hoverboard unit” on the streets!
Writers Robert Zemeckis (who hates writing movies set in the distant future) and Bob Gale tried to predict the future as accurately as possible when they penned the script 30+ years ago.
While we may not have true hoverboard or flying cars in every driveway, the movie did nail a few technological advances.
How well do you know the film? Take this Back to the Future Day Quiz!
1) How are ties commonly worn in 2015?
2) How did Needles send future Marty McFly his notice of termination aka “YOU’RE FIRED!!!”
3) Name the three 80’s icons that make an appearance on the TVs in Cafe 80’s
4) What now-famous actor was seen playing the Wild Gunman video game at Cafe 80’s?
5) What 3D movie tried to consume Marty shortly after his arrival in 2015?
6) In the alternate 1985 timeline where Biff ruled as king, where did Marty go to visit his father George?
7) Who did the Chicago Cubs beat in 5 games to win the World Series?
8) When the McFly family gathered for dinner in 2015, Marty McFly Jr. was wearing a virtual reality head-mounted display. This technology exists today, and has been patented by what company?
9) What years are covered by Grays Sports Almanac, purchased by Marty and then later used by Biff?
10) What did alternate 1985 Biff turn the Hill Valley courthouse/clock tower into?
11) What shoe company made the self-tying shoe?
12) What beverage did Marty order at Cafe 80’s?
Think you know all the answers? Click HERE to see if you were right!