On Saturday, the 2015 Scotiabank Toronto Caribbean Carnival Grand Parade will be causing a number of closures. The event kicks off around 9 a.m. at the Exhibition Place, continuing west on Lake Shore Blvd.
The following road closures will take place starting Saturday, August 1, 2015, at 1:30 a.m., until Sunday, August 2, 2015, at approximately 6 a.m.:
– westbound Lake Shore Boulevard West, from Strachan Avenue to Parkside Drive
– eastbound Lake Shore Boulevard West, from Colborne Lodge to Strachan Avenue
– Dufferin Street, south of Springhurst Avenue
The following Gardiner Expressway ramp closures will take place starting Saturday, August 1, 2015, at 12:30 a.m.
– eastbound Gardiner Expressway exit to Jameson Avenue
– Jameson Avenue and British Columbia entrance ramps to eastbound Gardiner Expressway
– westbound Gardiner Expressway to Dunn Avenue exit ramp
Police say that in order to assist the safe movement of traffic, and to provide for as little disruption as possible to residents, the following streets will have a restricted access for vehicles:
– Dufferin Street, south of King Street West
– Dowling Avenue, south of King Street West
– Stadium Road, south of Lake Shore Boulevard West
– Queens Quay West, west of Bathurst Street
– Springhurst Avenue, west of Jameson Avenue
– Springhurst Avenue, east of Jameson Avenue
The TTC says service will be enhanced on the following routes:
– 511 Bathurst southbound from Bathurst Station to Exhibition Place
– 504 King from Dundas West Station to Sunnyside Loop on Queen St. W.
– 29 Dufferin southbound from Dufferin Station to Dufferin Loop
– Keele Station express bus to Parkside Drive/Lake Shore Blvd. W.
– Lansdowne Station express bus to Lake Shore Blvd. W. and Jameson Ave.