The union that represents Ontario’s Catholic teachers says members will not perform a number of duties such as participating in extracurricular activities and inputting report-card comments if negotiations at the bargaining table break down.
The Ontario English Catholic Teachers Association has approximately 50-thousand teachers and will be in a legal strike position on August 17th, 2015.
- Not planning or participating in any extracurricular or voluntary activities outside or in the classroom
- Not participating in any EQAO-related activities, including preparing for and marking assignments
- Preparing report-card comments or inputting data; OECTA members, however, will still submit grades to administrators for processing
- Taking home work materials – according to union that includes grading, planning and preparation that will be completed within the 300-minute instructional day
- Not attending staff meetings, teacher and parent meetings and parent-teacher interviews
- Not organizing or going on school trips outside or during school day