Santa Claus is coming to town this weekend!
The 112th Annual Santa Claus parade is scheduled to take place Sunday, November 20, in Toronto, and that will result in some road closures.
– Bloor Street West, from Ossington Avenue to Christie Street, at 8 a.m.
– Bloor Street West, from Christie Street to Bathurst Street, at 10 a.m.
– Bloor Street West, from Bathurst Street to Bay Street, at 10:45 a.m.
– Avenue Road/Queen’s Park, from Davenport Road to College Street, at 10:45 a.m.
– University Avenue, from College Street to Dundas Street, at 11 a.m.
– University Avenue, from Dundas Street to Front Street, at 11:15 a.m.
– Wellington Street, from University Avenue to Jarvis Street, at 11:30 a.m.
– Front Street, from Bay Street to Jarvis Street, at 11:45 a.m.
– Front Street, from Jarvis Street to Sherbourne Street, at 11 a.m.
At 11:45 a.m., the “Holly Jolly 5km Fun Run” will take place along the parade route. Those attending the parade are asked to keep all personal belongings off the road by 11:30 a.m.
The parade will start at 12:30 p.m., and will proceed along the following route:
– Start: Bloor Street West and Christie Street
– Eastbound on Bloor Street West
– Southbound on Queen’s Park Crescent East
– Southbound on University Avenue
– Eastbound on Wellington Street West/Front Street East
– Finish: Front Street East and Jarvis Street
The parade is expected to take about 2.5 hours and will proceed regardless of the weather. At this point, the forecast is calling for cloudy conditions with a chance of flurries, and temperature steady near zero.
Santa has some tips for you if you plan on heading into the city.