A small industrial plant in the Junction had to be evacuated after a mistake was made in mixing two toxic chemicals.
A reactive combination of hydrochloric and sulphuric acids created an irritating cloud which floated through a neighbourhood near Bloor and Lansdowne early Thursday morning.
Toronto Fire, police and EMS were called out just after 10:00 a.m. to an industrial building on Wade Avenue.
Paramedics treated numerous people on scene for minor contamination precipitating throat and eye irritations. Seven people were sent to a nearby hospital for a further look over by doctors.
Residents were asked to keep doors and windows closed for a couple hours by Toronto Fire.
Building where spill occurred on Paton Rd is being evacuated. No injuries reported at this time.^adc https://t.co/m3MydVwkYM
— Toronto Police OPS (@TPSOperations) November 3, 2016