Some children in the Old Weston Rd. and St. Clair Ave. W. area received dishwasher detergent pods in their Halloween bags, according to Toronto Police.
The children were trick-or-treating with their parents in the area of Prescott Avenue, Blackthorn Avenue and Rockwell Avenue. The pods were later found in the children’s bags.
Any detergent pod can cause harm if ingested, and over the years poison control and public health officials have issued many reminders to parents to keep the packets away from from children. Toronto Police say they that even in small amounts, the soap can cause burns to the mouth, throat and airways.
Toronto Police are asking anyone with information to contact them at 416-808-1200 or reach out to Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477).