Donald Trump’s Hollywood Walk of Fame Star is in the news for being vandalized. Trump isn’t exactly alone on this, many celebrities have had issues with their star, and today of the list we list them off.
- Stolen Stars: In 2000 James Stewart and Kirk Douglas had their stars stolen after they had been temporarily removed for a construction project. Police recovered them from a construction worker employed on the project. The stars had been badly damaged, and had to be remade.
- Gregory Peck’s missing star: The Academy Award winner for his performance as Atticus in “To Kill A Mockingbird” had his star cut out with a concrete saw by thieves. It was replaced almost immediately, however the original was never found, nor were the culprits.
- 28 Year Spelling Error: The star honouring film maker Mauritz Stiller who is best known for bringing Greta Garbo to America read “Maurice Diller” for 28 years. In 1988 the star was finally remade.
- Larry King’s Wrong Emblem: The radio and television talk show host is officially a television honouree, however his star mistakenly displays a film camera, instead of the television symbol. It has remained that way since it was placed.
- Michael Jackson, the radio host: Sometimes stars have the same names, which can be confusing for fans. Following the death of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, an American talk radio host had a makeshift memorial started on his star by mistake. In response, the commentator posted on his website: “I am willingly loan[ing] it to him and, if it would bring him back, he can have it. He was a real star.Sinatra,Presley, The Beatles and Michael Jackson.”