The Jays are in a tight spot after the first few games of this ALCS series, so today’s list is a bit of inspiration.
- The Colts Climb Back Against the Buccaneers: In the final five minutes of this Monday night football game, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers held a comfortable 28-7 lead. Peyton Manning then took the reins to lead a seemingly impossible comeback that had the Colts scoring 21 points in five minutes. The final score would be 38-35 for the Colts
- Duke Stuns Maryland: In the 2001 Final Four, Duke and Maryland faced off. With one minute to go Duke trailed by 10 points, and in what is now known as the “Miracle Minute” they shocked everyone and tied the game up, sending it to overtime where they would go on to win 98-96, and then win the whole tournament.
- Miracle on Manchester: In 1982 the Gretzky lead Oilers played the Kings in the first round of the playoffs, at the end of the second they lead 5 nothing. The Kings however, weren’t ready to go down so easy… they came back in the third scoring 5 goals to send it to O.T where they would score the game winner and take the W.
- Buffalo Bills “The Comeback”: Buffalo took everyone by surprise after they fell behind 35-3 in the second half of a game vs the Houston Oilers. Fans started pouring out of the stadiums assuming the game was finished when out of nowhere the Bills scored 28 points in the third quarter. By the end of the 4th they had tied it up, and would take the game in overtime with a score of 41-38.
- The Red Sox 2004 ALCS Series: In the same spot the Jays were in prior to yesterday’s game, the Boston Red Sox were down 3 games to none against the Yankees in the ALCS. The Red Sox shocked everyone when they came back to win the series 4-3. They would then go on to sweep St. Louis in the World Series.