The Labour Day weekend is upon us, marking the last long weekend of the summer.
As usual, the long weekend brings with it a slew of events, business and road closures and subway shutdowns.
Closed on Labour Day
- LCBO and Beer stores
- Most grocery stores
- Dufferin Mall, Fairview Mall, Scarborough Town Centre, Sherway Gardens, Yorkdale Shopping Centre
- Government offices and banks
Open on Labour Day
- Most tourist attractions including the AGO, ROM, CN Tower, Hockey Hall of Fame, Canada’s Wonderland, Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada, Toronto Zoo
- Several malls including the Eaton Centre, Bramalea City Centre, Pacific Mall, Square One, The Promenade, Upper Canada Mall, Vaughan Mills Mall, Hillcrest Mall and Yorkville Village
- TTC will run on holiday schedule
- GO will run on a Sunday schedule
Subway and Road Closures
Line 2, Bloor-Danforth will be closed between St. George to Pape stations on Saturday, Sunday and Monday because of scheduled work on the Prince Edward Viaduct. Shuttle buses will be in operation between the two stations.
A number of roads will see closures or lane restrictions due to the Labour Day Parade, University Avenue between Dundas Street and Richmond Street will be closed from 7.a.m on Monday to 2.p.m. while Queen Street West’s north curb lane from the west side of Bay Street to the east side of University Avenue will also be closed.
Lanes Restrictions will also be in place around the Metro Convention Centre due to Fan Expo Canada. Front Street West’s south curb lane between John Street and Simcoe Street, Bremner Boulevard’s north curb lane between Simcoe Street and the Metro Convention Centre, and Simcoe Street’s west curb lane from the InterContinental Hotel to Bremner Boulevard will be closed between 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Finally, Coxwell Avenue’s northbound curb lane between Eastern Avenue to Lake Shore Boulevard will be closed from 6 p.m. on Saturday to 11:59 p.m. on Monday for Buskerfest.