Toronto Police have been investigating an explosion that took place at a marijuana dispensary in midtown Toronto.
Investigators say that an explosion occurred at a shop located at 353 Eglinton Avenue West near Spadina Avenue back on Friday, August 19th around 7:30 p.m.
The front plate glass window of the store had been shattered with shards of glass landing on the sidewalk and road.
A 29-year-old man from Niagara Region suffered severe burns to his face and arms and was taken to hospital with no other injuries were reported.
Toronto Police say that David Coleman of Smithville is facing the following charges:
1) Mischief Endangering Life
2) Arson with Disregard for Human Life
3) Possession of a Schedule II Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Section 5(2)
4) Possession of a Schedule II Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Section 7(1)
5) Possession of a Schedule II Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Section 4(1)
6) Possession Proceeds of Property or Thing Obtained by Crime in Canada – Exceeding $5000
This incident comes after a search was executed at the shop back on May 26th.