A 22-year old Quebec waiter has been arrested after making an apparent mistake that put a man into a coma for several days. The waiter was warned not to bring any salmon to the table of a customer with a severe seafood allergy, however, salmon was served to the table, which gave the customer had an extreme allergic reaction that resulted in him suffering from cardiac arrest, causing the coma.
It is alleged that the server took no notes, and did not tell the kitchen of the request. The waiter has been released, however the charges are pending.
The customer has recovered, although claims he has had post-traumatic stress since the event.
Do you think the server should be charged, or can this be chalked up to an innocent mistake with an extreme outcome?