Toronto’s Medical Officer of Health has upgraded the Heat Warning to an Extended Heat Warning for Thursday.
During an Extended Heat Warning, the public is encouraged to check in on friends or family, neighbours and seniors who are at greater-risk of suffering from heat-related illness.
Cooling centres are open at the following seven locations:
• Metro Hall – 55 John St. (This cooling centre opens at 11 a.m. on the day the warning is issued and remains open 24 hours a day for the duration of the Extended Heat Warning.)
• East York Civic Centre – 850 Coxwell Ave.
• North York Civic Centre – 5100 Yonge St.
• Driftwood Community Centre – 4401 Jane St.
• Etobicoke Civic Centre – 399 The West Mall
• McGregor Community Centre – 2231 Lawrence Ave. E.
• Centennial Park Community Centre – 1967 Ellesmere Rd.
Water and snacks are available at all cooling stations.
Meanwhile, the following six pools will stay open until 11:45 p.m. on Thursday night.
• Alexandra Park – 275 Bathurst St.
• Giovanni Caboto – 1369 St. Clair Ave. W.
• Greenwood Park – 150 Greenwood Ave.
• McGregor Park – 2231 Lawrence Ave. E.
• Smithfield – 175 Mount Olive Dr.
• Sunnyside Gus Ryder – 1755 Lake Shore Blvd. W.