The premier has offered a formal apology to residential school survivors.
It comes following a report last year from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
The report concluded aboriginal children were sexually and physically abused at Canada’s residential schools, and many of them died.
In the legislature on Monday, Kathleen Wynne said Ontario wants to acknowledge “one of the most shameful chapters in Canadian history.”
Wynne promised to help people understand the legacy of residential schools and said Ontario will spend 250 million over three years to to make it happen.
The 94 recommendations in the 2015 report include reducing the number of aboriginal children placed in to foster care.
When the report was first released, the Provincial Liberals said it would meet and consult with aboriginal leaders to put together a response which would address the findings and suggestions.