Niagara Falls contractor Pro-Teck Electric has been fined a record $537,500 after a senior was burned to death on his heated bathroom floor.
The company pleaded guilty a year ago to multiple charges.
The victim fell on the floor on April 5, 2014 and suffered second- and third-degree burns from the overheated floor, and succumbed to his injures a week later.
An investigation revealed that a heat sensor had not been installed, and the heating system itself was wired incorrectly.
Should the contractor face criminal charges in this case?