A new recommendation has dog owners shaking their heads.
Leading vets are warning dog owners about the dangers of throwing sticks for their pets after a reported rise in life-threatening injuries.
Grace Webster, president of the British Veterinary Association in Scotland, told dog owners to stop throwing pieces of wood, instead, she suggests throwing rubber sticks from pet shops, balls or Frisbees are safer alternatives.
Webster made the announcement when she received reports of a dog in Scotland being badly injured after it got a 10cm stick stuck in its throat.
We have heard of bubble wrapping our kids but are we bubble wrapping our pets?
Listen live on AM640, online at: player.640toronto.com, or download the AM640 app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.