Toronto Fire services and related safety authorities are pressing charges in a call that sent nine people to hospital after carbon monoxide leak.
A post incident inspection found several violations in the fire code. The owner of the Chinese halal restaurant will be facing the charges related to multiple infractions including some fuel fired appliances and a hot water tank.
Several commercial cooking devices had code violations and several combustibles were blocking entrances.
The Ontario Fire Code, a companion to the Building Code, does not require CO alarms in restaurants, just in residential buildings.
Around 10:30 on Sunday night, Paramedics and Toronto fire services were called to a restaurant at 101 Ravel Road near Finch and Leslie.
The initial call was for the suspicion of a gas leak. Upon crews arrival, Enbridge had already shut off the gas, and Paramedics went to work on victims.
Although there were no serious injuries, several were treated on scene before being taken to Scarborough Grace Hospital.