This weekend, Toronto’s large tree at Nathan Phillips Square will be lit as part of the 49th Annual Cavalcade of Lights ceremony.
The event will be happening Saturday, November 28, 2015, with events beginning at 6 p.m. However, road closures will be in effect.
The following road closures will take place from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.:
– Bay Street, from Queen Street to Dundas Street
– Hagerman Street, from Elizabeth Street to Bay Street
– Elizabeth Street, from Dundas Street to Hagerman Street
– Albert Street, from Bay to James Street
– James Street, from Queen Street to Albert Street
– westbound curb lane of Queen Street, from Bay Street to the west side of Nathan Philips Square
Pyrotechnics will be happening at 8 p.m.
For more information on the event, click here.
On Sunday, the 36th annual Weston Santa Claus Parade will be closing roads on Weston Road, from St. Phillips Road to Jane Street 12 p.m. until 4 p.m.
The parade is rain or shine, and will travel the following route:
– southbound on Weston Road from the formation area located on Weston Road between St. Phillips Road and Church Street
– westbound on Sidney Belsey Crescent to the dispersal Area at Dora Spencer Road
The TTC will also be affected.
During the formation at:
89 Weston – both eastbound and westbound traffic will be diverted both ways utilizing the following streets: Oak Street, Gary Drive, Wendall Avenue, Queenslea Avenue, Rosemount Avenue, John Street to route.
During the formation and parade:
59 Maple Leaf – diversion to station to divert from Pelmo Crescent via west on Gary Drive, south on Wendell Avenue, east on Queenslea Avenue, south on Grattan Street, and east on Church Street to route.
During the parade:
52 Lawrence West – both eastbound and westbound to divert both ways utilizing the following streets: Jane Street, Eglinton Avenue, Scarlett Road to route.
58 Malton – both eastbound and westbound to divert both ways utilizing the following streets: Scarlett Road, Eglinton Avenue, Jane Street to route.
79 Scarlett Road – northbound looping to divert via north on Scarlett Road, west on Dixon Road, south on Royal York Road, east on Lawrence Avenue, south on Scarlett Road to regular southbound routing.
89 Weston – both northbound and southbound to divert both ways utilizing the following streets: Jane Street, Church Street, Uphill Avenue, Pelmo Crescent, Gary Drive, Oak Street to route.