An Etobicoke family is breathing easier this morning after escaping their home filled with carbon monoxide gas.
Emergency crews arrived on scene to a home on West Wareside, near Renforth Drive and Rathurn Road after 2 on Wednesday morning to deal with a call from family members feeling sick
The family of three are expected to be okay. Crews reported that a father, mother and two year old child were unconscious upon arrival, but recovered outside not long after.
Early police reports say carbon monoxide detectors revealed 900 parts per million in the home, well over the safe levels which is typically 25 parts per million. It’s believed the furnace was leaking.
The homes carbon dioxide detector was disconnected by a family member earlier believing the device was defective after several alarms.