It’s going to be a busy weekend in the city, as Toronto residents are gearing up for the 111th Santa Claus Parade.
The Santa Claus parade begins at 12:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon. Drivers and commuters can expect a number of road closures and TTC disruptions including;
– Bloor Street West, from Ossington Avenue to Christie Street, at 8 a.m.
– Bloor Street West, from Christie Street to Bathurst Street, at 10 a.m.
– Bloor Street West, from Bathurst Street to Bay Street, at 10:45 a.m.
– Avenue Road/Queen’s Park Circle, from Davenport Road to College Street, at 10:45 a.m.
– University Avenue, from College Street to Dundas Street, at 11 a.m.
– University Avenue, from Dundas Street to Front Street, at 11:15 a.m.
– Wellington Street, from University Avenue to Jarvis Street, at 11:30 a.m.
– Front Street, from Bay Street to Jarvis Street, at 11:45 a.m.
The towing of vehicles parked along the parade route will start at 6 a.m., on Sunday, November 15, 2015.
At 11:50 a.m., the “Holly Jolly 5km Fun Run” will take place along the parade route. For the safety of runners and parade attendees, spectators are asked to ensure that children and all personal belongings are off the roadway as of 11:40 a.m.
The parade will start at 12:30 p.m., and will proceed along the following route:
– Start on Bloor Street West and Christie Street
– Eastbound on Bloor Street West
– Southbound on Queen’s Park Crescent East
– Southbound on University Avenue
– Eastbound on Wellington Street West/Front Street East
– Finish on Front Street East &Jarvis Street
Motorists travelling in the area can expect significant delays, and should consider avoiding the area of the parade route.
Spectators attending the parade are advised to use public transportation. TTC will be providing full subway and streetcar service.
The duration of the parade is approximately 2.5 hours, and will take place regardless of weather conditions.
With files from Jaime Tawil