Are you buying Mexico’s explanation as to how a Canadian couple from Nova Scotia perished on Monday?
An official from the prosecutor’s office in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo said that Charles Mackenzie and his wife Dorothy, both from Baddeck, N.S., were found dead in their hotel room’s whirlpool spa.
Based on autopsy results, authorities believe that Charles died of a heart attack and his wife died of asphyxia by submersion.
A report HERE by Reuters claims the victims are middle-aged, with an obese Charles suffocating his smaller wife while they were making love in the tub.
They were at the Playa del Carmen resort to celebrate their daughter’s wedding.
Hotel spokesman David Rubeo is rejecting reports that the couple were in fact electrocuted while in the hot tub. “The room was perfectly fine. All the equipment was working perfectly,” he told The Canadian Press. “What the family mentioned was a heart attack.”
Do you believe the Mexican authorities? Do you think foul play was involved? Do stories like this one make you think twice about booking a vacation in a 3rd world country?