Over 26, 00 runners from more than 50 countries will hit the streets of Toronto Sunday for the 26th Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon.
That will mean some road closures downtown so plan your route accordingly.
Finish line area road closures will start on Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 12 p.m. until Sunday, October 18, 2015 at 8 p.m.:
– Bay Street from Queen Street West to Dundas Street West
– Bay Street from Dundas Street West to Lake Shore Boulevard
plus smaller side streets of Hagerman Street, Elizabeth Street, Albert Street, and James Street
Start line area road closure will start on Sunday, October 18, 2015 at 4 a.m., to 11 a.m.:
-University Avenue from Dundas Street West to King Street West plus smaller side streets of Armoury Street and Chestnut Street
Lake Shore Boulevard road closures on Sunday, October 18, 2015:
-Lake Shore Boulevard closures will start at 5 a.m., the Bathurst Street to Windermere Avenue, until approximately 1 p.m.
Lake Shore Boulevard, from Bathurst Street to the Don Roadway, will close at 6 a.m., until 1 p.m. and Lake Shore Boulevard., from Carlaw Avenue to Woodbine Avenue will close at 8 a.m., until 3:30 p.m.
The following streets will be closed from 6 a.m., until 3:30 p.m.:
– Front Street from Church Street to Jarvis Street
– Wellington Street from Church Street to Bay Street
– Church Street from the Esplanade to Front Street East
– Queen Street from Simcoe Street to Yonge Street
– Richmond Street from Simcoe Street to Yonge Street
– Adelaide Street from Simcoe Street to Yonge Street
The following streets will be closed from 7 a.m., until 1:30 p.m.:
– Queens Quay West from Bay Street To Parliament Street
– Cherry Street from Lake Shore Boulevard to Mill Street
– Bayview Avenue from Lower River Street to River Street
– Old Eastern Avenue from Eastern Avenue to Lawren Harris Square
– Lawren Harris Square from Old Eastern Avenue to Bayview Avenue
The following streets will be closed from 8 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.:
– Queen Street East from Woodbine Avenue to Beech Avenue
– Eastern Avenue and Front Street East from Carlaw Avenue to Jarvis Street
The following streets will be closed from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m.:
– University Avenue from Dundas Street West to College Street
– Queens Park Crescent (including west & east) from College Street to Bloor Street West
– Bloor Street West from Bay Street to Bathurst Street
– Bathurst Street from Bloor Street to Lake Shore Boulevard West
– Fort York Boulevard from Bathurst Street to Lake Shore Boulevard West