As the Toronto Blue Jays gear up to host the Texas Rangers in a do or die game at the Rogers Centre on Wednesday afternoon, Toronto Police are reminding the public that road closures will be in effect in the area of the dome, to facilitate the crowds.
Nearly 50,000 fans are expected to attend that game , with many more set to the take to pubs and restaurants in the downtown core to cheers the Jays on.
The road closures are as follows:
– Blue Jays Way will have a partial road closure, for southbound traffic, from Front Street West to Navy Wharf
– Bremner Boulevard will have a partial road closure, for eastbound traffic, from Spadina Avenue to Rees Street
– Bremner Boulevard will have a full road closure, for eastbound traffic, from Rees Street to Lower Simcoe
– Bremner Boulevard will have a full road closure, for westbound traffic, from Lower Simcoe to Navy Wharf
It is anticipated that traffic disruptions will occur within the downtown core as a result of the closures and as such, Police are also requesting that the public:
– make use of alternate routes to your destination
– utilize public transit
– car-pool where possible
– consider avoiding the area of the Rogers Centre, if not attending the game
– extend courtesy to all while travelling
– give yourself lots of extra time