A one year old suffered severe burns on his feet and hand after wandering onto a scorching hot metal grate at the Gellert Community Park Splash Pad in Georgetown. His mother immediately rushed him to the hospital where he had surgery on the soles of his feet. The metal surface that burned the little boy appear to be a set of doors leading underground, each door has a ‘Danger – Keep Off’ sign. Since the accident city officials have completely blocked off the doors.
Read more here.
Who is at fault here? Should the doors been blocked off? Or is it the parents’ responsibility to watch their toddlers constantly?