It’s a busy weekend in the city, and with no scheduled subway closures in place, public transit may be the best bet for getting around.
Lake Shore from British Columbia Drive to Strachan Avenue will be closed for the 50-kilometer race walk Saturday evening until Sunday at 2 p.m.
From 1 a.m. Saturday until 2 p.m. Sunday, the Martin Goodman bike trail will re-route westbound between Remembrance Drive and Marilyn Bell Park, and eastbound between British Columbia Road and New Brunswick Way. Detour signage is marked.
On Sunday, heavy traffic is expected around the Pan Am Dome/ Rogers Centre for the Pan Am Closing Ceremony. The City of Toronto says drivers and pedestrians should prepare for the following closures and chanegs:
– Bremner Boulevard from Navy Wharf Court to Simcoe Street will be closed from 3 p.m. to midnight. Bremner Boulevard from Navy Wharf Court and Van de Water Crescent will remain open to local vehicle traffic.
– The eastbound lanes of Front Street, from John Street to Simcoe Street, will be closed from 1 p.m. on July 26 to 1 a.m. on July 27. The two westbound lanes will remain open and will be converted to temporarily accommodate two-way traffic direction.
– There will be temporary closures along Front Street East between Trinity Street and Church Street in both directions between 6 p.m. and midnight. Parking will also be restricted between 3 p.m. to midnight.
– Residents living in the area of the CIBC Pan Am/Parapan Am Athletes’ Village may experience intermittent traffic delays between 6 p.m. and midnight.
– Wellington Street, from Church Street to John Street, will be closed from 5:45 p.m. to midnight.
– Rees Street will be closed in both directions from 3 p.m. to midnight.
– All parking and stopping will be restricted on the south curb lane of Front Street from just west of John Street to east of Bathurst Street from 11 a.m. until midnight.
– The sidewalk on the south side of Front Street from Simcoe Street to John Street will be closed from 1 p.m. to midnight.
– The John Street Bridge will be closed from noon until midnight.
– Rogers Centre stairs (east of Gate 2) will be barricaded at the top and bottom from 3 p.m. to midnight.
– The Rogers Centre underground parking (south side of Bremner Boulevard) will be closed to the public on July 26.
Queen St. E. between Woodbine – Beech remains closed 6 p.m. – midnight Saturday and Sunday for the Beaches Jazz Festival.
Church Street from Alexander- Dundonald St. is also closed all weekend for PrideHouse TO celebrations.