A close call in South Etobicoke this morning as Toronto Fire were called out to deal with a child locked in a car.
It’s an example on what you should not do during days with heat warnings issued by Environment Canada across the GTA.
With one of the hottest days on hand, two parents accidentally locked their keys in a car with their child in the still in the vehicle.
Upon arriving, fire crews assessed their was no immediate danger and waited for towing company to pick the lock.
Toronto fire District Chief Stephan Powell says although things turned out okay, you really should never leave anyone in the confines of a vehicle on a warm day.
“In this heat, don’t leave anybody in a car whether it be an elderly individual, child or pet. On a day like this, they will heat up very rapidly.’
A heat warning was issued by Environment Canada for the City of Toronto in advance of the weekend.
Saturday and Sunday were the hottest days of the year so far with the mercury above 30 degrees Celsius on both days.
Just had a call for child locked in vehicle, never leave your child in the car in this heat! pic.twitter.com/6whscNUC4m
— Toronto Fire Service (@Toronto_Fire) July 19, 2015