A lengthy list of items have made the conditions of entry for the Pan Am Games.
Items given the thumbs up include Flags of Competing countries, Guide Dogs, & Baby formula. Among the don’ts, Glass bottles, In line Skates, Fire Arms, & Canoes
To access venues, you must possess a valid ticket and pass through security screening involving metal detection and visual inspections, which are designed to prevent prohibited and restricted items from entering the venue.
Some other tips to make you experience run a little smoother include…
- Co-operate with staff at all times and follow their directions.
- Follow the spectator marshal’s instructions and move into the correct lineup.
- Spectators who are not carrying bags or who have small bags may move into express lines.
- Be prepared to empty your pockets.
- Be prepared to have your bag and the contents of your pockets inspected.
- You will be asked to go through a magnetometer (metal detector). Let the security staff know if, for medical reasons you are not comfortable doing this.
- If you have a disability, you will be directed to a separate gate.
While on-venue, if you do not comply with the applicable rules and regulations, your items may be confiscated and/or you may be asked to leave the venue.