Police say one person is dead following an ammonia leak in Fort Erie.
It happened at Rich Products food company shortly after 12 p.m. The Fort Erie Fire Department was alerted following reports of an ammonia odour.
Homes in the area have been evacuated as a precaution, but the leak was contained around 1 p.m.
The Fire chief has called in a hazardous material response, and the Ministry of Labour has been alerted.
Two others were taken to hospital in connection to the leak, but they suffered non-life threatening injuries.