A big weekend of events, closures and different activities to soak up your extra income are underway in the city.
Starting Friday night, the Prince Edward Viaduct (Bloor/Danforth Bridge) will be closed from 8 p.m, re-opening Sunday, July 5, 2015, at 5 a.m, for the Thrill of the Grill/ Pan Am Torch Relay. TCC buses will still have access. Also, Castle Frank Road from the Don Valley Parkway and the Bayview extension ramps in both directions will be closed from Saturday, July 4, 2015, at 4 p.m. to Sunday, July 5, 2015, at 5 a.m.
On Saturday westbound lanes of the Shoreham Drive to the southbound side of Jane Street to York Gate Boulevard are shut down for the Caribana Flags and Colours Festival Parade.
Salsa on St. Clair is shutting down St. Clair Avenue West to Winona and Christie starting Saturday morning and extending until Sunday night.
The Taste of Lawrence Festival runs until 11:59 Sunday July 5 with Lawrence Avenue East closed between Birchmount Road and Warden Avenue.
The big closures come on Saturday as the Pan Am Torch arrives in Toronto Saturday at the Bloor/Danforth Bridge.
On Sunday, July 5, 2015, the Toronto Pan American Torch Relay will continue through Toronto. There are 11 scheduled stop:
• Withrow Park, McConnell Avenue, from 9 a.m. to 9 a.m.
• Variety Village, 3701 Danforth Avenue, from 10:41 a.m. to 10:56 a.m.
• L’Amoreaux Community Recreation Centre, 2000 McNicoll Avenue, from 11 a.m. to 12:16 p.m.
• Chinese Cultural Centre of Greater Toronto, 5183 Sheppard Avenue East, from 12:43 p.m. to 12:48 p.m.
• Toronto Zoo, from 1:06 p.m. to 2:06 p.m.
• CIBC Pan Am/Parapan Am Aquatic Centre (PAC), 1028 Military Trail (at Morningside Avenue), from 2:38 p.m. to 3:38 p.m.
• University of Toronto – Scarborough Campus, 130 Old Kingston Road, from 4 p.m. to 4:10 p.m.
• CIBC Branch, 255 Morningside Avenue, from 2:27 p.m. to 2:37 p.m.
• No Frills, 2742 Eglinton Avenue East, from 5:12 p.m. to 5:17 p.m.
• Don Montgomery Community Centre, 2467 Eglinton Avenue East, from 5:32 p.m. to 6:02 p.m.
• Toronto Afrofest, 1141-1157 Eastern Avenue, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
If you are looking for something fun to do Summerlicious has begun, Christie Pits Film Festival is playing Nosferatu on Sunday and the Science Centre is hosting sets of the popular TV show, Mythbusters.
If you’re using the TTC to get around, there are two service interruptions to take note:
– No trains will be running between Kennedy and McCowan for Satuday and Sunday, shuttle buses will be running.
– Line 2 will have a late opening on Sunday. TTC says there will be no subway service between St George and Pape stations until 12:00 noon, shuttle buses will be running.
With files from Nicole Bauman